Thursday, February 6, 2020

Coaching challenges in work culture

In our day to day work culture, every organization is facing the following challenges which can prevent a positive coaching culture being developed and nurtured.

Some of the common reason we would hear from the leaders/managers:

·        “I have my things to do, don’t expect me to have time to coach.”
    Well, Coaching doesn’t have to take hours or days. Coaching can be just one new idea, one new concept or one new learning which can be shared with the team and work upon.

·        “My team is good enough, doesn’t need coaching.”
    Most of the time, Leaders or mangers do not allow their team members to get an opportunity to improve themselves, thinking that it would involve their time and efforts.

·        “Coaching is basically about ‘soft-skills’ and that is HR Job .
There is a wrong perception prevailing that coaching is related to HR’s role. Many managers or leaders believe that send your troublesome employees to HR and they will be “fixed.” They ignore the fact that Coaching is both a skill and a mindset and it is very critical for their role as a manager.

·        “Why should I coach my team? I learned all of my own, my boss didn’t coach me.”

·        “I don’t know how to coach. Pl. choose someone else.”
    Most leaders or Managers give this simplest excuse to escape from responsibility.




No comments:

Post a Comment