Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Hold your nerves, time will come for a loud cheer!


Information on Covid-19 is flowing in nonstop in all possible mediums, right from mobile notifications to newsroom headlines on TV.


Each information has its own level of anxiety, fear, worry to lead us to a state of hopelessness.


The things do not end there, the topics like lower GDP, loss of jobs scenario, Sensex taking a nosedive, economy getting paralyzed, etc., will add to our anxieties, worries and stress levels.

This surely makes us frail, lost and weak - mentally as well as physically.

In order to divert my attention, I try to read books, listen to TED talks, take some online courses to learn something new to transform myself into a better version of mine.


As I mentioned about reading books, I wonder if there ever be an appropriate time than now to live by practice the brilliant Quote by Stephen Covey - ‘Focus on things you can influence, rather than the ones you cannot.’ 


My take on this – I have no control over what is happening outside, but I can control what s happening inside me.

Why not focus on the small world I have within me?

That is where my powers reside, that is where I can influence.

I have control over every decision I make, every action I take.


I have control over what I read, what I hear and how I feel.

Every word I utter, every thought I provoke has an Impact.


I am able to feel the effect of the impact I allow to create.


I am able to bring smiles to the people around me.

I am able to entertain them with a silly joke.

I am able to lend a helping hand in the kitchen and daily house chores.


I am enjoying watching the movie eating popcorn.


I play a role of Butler and serve food to my family and earn praise.


It's a long time I haven’t played cards and cheat to turn my kids crazy.


I am not able to recall when last I hummed a few lines of my favorite songs in the shower.


I am able to stretch my legs in attitude on the couch and could revive a few nostalgic memories of the past.


I want to try doing everything which I had planned for many weekends, somehow couldn’t make it.


I am highly inspired and inspire others, to pick up this attitude.

Read, write, paint, sing, cook or just be with yourself, entertain yourself.

Friends, here is a chance to do things we love to do, things which we are dying to do.

We need to wait for the right time, we will tide over this tough times.


Hold your nerves, a time will come for a loud cheer !

No comments:

Post a Comment