Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Surviving through our emotions


“Since I started writing blogs, it did not take me two weeks to write my next blog.

The coronavirus has made an impact on me. I have developed a kind of anxiety, although I decided not to, I failed.

I could not focus to write a single word.

A number of times, I decided to write but I could not move forward.

I could not focus to do my work from home. I stare blankly at my laptop. I could not decide where to begin with.

Everything felt doomed, hopeless, and catastrophic.

Although, the city where I live is not badly affected as compared to other areas still the anxiety has woven its waves around me resulting in the dramatic shift on my short term goals.

Writing posts and blogs every day was one of my goals, but I no longer write every day.

Organizing my mailbox was one of the tasks I have postponed until I have enough time to do so. I have time now, but no will to do so.

I have a couple of online courses unfinished, I have not enough push to go through them and complete.

I am going through a roller coaster ride of emotions.

Right now, for me being productive means surviving my emotions.

These days, I slumber for hours without doing anything.

Every time I try to think of writing something, my panic button overpowers me.

I have dreamt of having a long vacation sort of when I could read some interesting books.

I have a big list of books which I would read one day when I have time. Now that I have time, I don’t read.

Because I feel from within these are not normal times.

I am envious and feel jealous of people whose productivity has not wavered, who are still able to remain positive and able to inspire others too.

Now, every single activity requires more effort from me. It’s unlike what I was and what I am.

Anxiety clamps my heart.

Every activity now feels like pushing myself uphill, something too difficult, too hard, and laborious.”



This is the story of ‘one of’ us and it resembles with quite a ‘few of’ us.

Anxiety, panic, distress, worry, fear, insecurity, depression, anguish, hopelessness- these emotions run our lives if we let them.

Survive these difficult times with as much grace as you can.

Accept the unusual developments.

Accept the dramatic shift in your productivity. It’s ok. It’s fine.

Accept, these are not normal times.

Resist the instinct to get bogged down into a terrifying ball. Instead, look around, gather positivity, and see what you can do for others.

You will regain your productivity back once you accept these new normal. You will be okay, feeling less blue.

I know, it is not easy, it’s not going to happen soon, there is no magic, it’s not a straight line, it’s not logical, it’s not linear but it’s real and it’s going to happen. We don’t know when but, it will happen for sure.

Don’t lose your heart and don’t lose the REAL YOU within you.  Don’t neglect your emotions, feel them but don’t live with them for too long because it’s hard to train ourselves not to feel anything!!






No comments:

Post a Comment