Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Money-back guarantee.

Last week, one gentleman called me up and was showing interest in Life coaching and expressed his willingness to take a few sessions with me.

Until then, everything was fine and we exchange greetings mutually. Before we could end our conversation, he just paused for a while and asked me “whether I offer a money-back warranty?”

I also took a pause and replied to him, “No, I don’t. But, I offer value Back guarantee.”

On the client’s part, the question was quite normal and nothing wrong in it.

But it made me think, has he ever heard from some Coaches that they offer a money-back guarantee?

Something to ponder upon.

Maybe some coaches must be offering money-back guarantees to make it easier to close sales.

Their thinking would be that few people ever ask for their money back, so you'll have a better chance to increase your coaching sales. 

In my opinion, that approach makes sense if you're selling commodity products.

Coaching is something where you are pouring your heart and soul into a coach-client relationship that leads to extraordinary results for your coaching clients.

As I mentioned earlier, I call a Value-Back guarantee.

If a client isn't completely satisfied, they're encouraged to tell me, and together we'll re-design a plan for them to get the value they invested for.

In this case, both the coach and the client win. 

Additionally, coach can request client to write few words on Coach website in Testimonials or in Feedback or referrals which would help the coach to increase his sales rather than offering any other guarantee.

No comments:

Post a Comment