Sunday, October 4, 2020

Becoming a successful coach is a process...!!

Eight out of ten times I’ve had conversations with people who told me they were really keen to start working with me…and then they go out of my radar range. I do follow up, and check in, and often I don’t hear from them again. I am honest, it happened with me quite often.


I am not criticizing or complaining, just describing what could happen normally your initial days of getting established as a coach.

Obviously, it’s impossible to know everyone’s circumstances or what they think, and I must be considerate enough for them as there can be number of valid reasons that someone changes their mind about going ahead.

It’s human nature and how good we can be with a list of plausible-sounding reasons not to proceed.

· Prospect thinks it’s too expensive and some time it’s true. Everyone can not invest money for coaching.
· Prospects think they can figure it out alone. Maybe so. But, if it is so, you could have done by now.
· Prospects think someone from known circle would recommend them you as a ‘go to coach.’
· Prospects think that now isn’t the right time. May be you are not yet ready for coaching.

This is the process, I guess, every coach must be going through before he/she could hit the success.

No comments:

Post a Comment