Saturday, October 31, 2020

Regret-proof Life

 My clients are of different age range—I would say from early twenties to late sixties. As a result, I have had an opportunities to understand their transition dilemmas and also had the privilege of being able to help them during their transitions.

I wish to share one example which has occurred just about a month ago.
I have 32 year old client who asked me during one of our coaching session if he has done the right thing with his life up until now –earned multiple degrees from well-known universities, remain career conscious the extent of travel done leaving family behind, and recently decided to expand family.
He has both careers and family now, but still wonder if he has got it right.
I have realized, knowing that this is normal and happens with everyone gives him a lot of relief.
But, I still remember one phrase he used “I would like to live ‘regret-proof’ life.” He asked me if I can show them a way to do so.
I made my client to understand that he is at choice, and he need not regret any conscious choice made by him; instead he can make a new choice, if needed. There is no right or wrong choice. Reviewing the choices made in new set of situations is unfair, instead make new choice in new situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment