Saturday, October 31, 2020

Therapy or coaching?

 Many people during pandemic are focusing on self-reflection, reprioritizing, and choosing to look inside.


I have received quite a few request for coaching and after acknowledging couple of times I have realised the call should have gone to professional therapist which in my opinion would be the right call.

Personally, I wouldn't enjoy converting the therapy client to a life coach approach, even though my client is not quite aware of it.

Some clients become sensitive if we outright suggest therapist.

Although, as a coach you realise in advance, you shouldn't cut off rapidly from client.

Instead, as a coach you need to explain in easy to understand way- 'While both coaching and therapy address personal issues, coaching is more goal-oriented, whereas therapy focuses more on how the past manifests itself today.'

In many cases, people are suffering from anxiety disorder in pandemic and have gone through some trauma.

In my opinion, therapist is the best choice instead of life coach if client's past trauma is not yet processed.

(-Sharing my experience.)

No comments:

Post a Comment