Thursday, October 15, 2020

How to make right decision..!!

 How to make right decision..!

About 70% of my coaching clients come to me for support! How to make Decisions!

I have noticed and it’s my observation, most of them are in their mid-forties.

We are perhaps not aware of the fact, or maybe we are very much bogged down by our current problems, we are not able to realize that some of our biggest decisions of our lives we have made in our 20s and 30s. It can be about choosing career- what we want to be, Choosing job – where we want to work, about choosing life partner, having kids- when we want to have kids, what we are going to do with our lives etc. If such crucial and important decisions we have made at much younger age, why at matured age a question-“How to make right decision” should trouble us?

May be the age matters! At matured age, we are so much get involved with family matters, education of kids, stability in the job etc., that we tend to get paralyzed in our thinking process. We get in to cycle of overthinking, we start feeling anxious and we are doubting on our own judgment. We feel fear of choosing wrong options. We feel terrified making mistakes in search of absolute certainty- which actually doesn’t exist and at the end we feel powerless and stay at the same place where we are.

I am in my sixties, I should feel same kind of feelings at least 3 times more than the people who are in their forties. Of course, I did experienced all however, after getting lot of beatings, I could came out with realization, which I wish to share here.

1.      Learn to use Heart, keeping Head beside.-It means whenever you want to make decision always take decision with your heart, go inwards, which ultimately gives you happiness. Use your Head for practical planning. Logic, math or logistic.

2.      Feel the decision before you make a decision- It means ask yourself “How this decision will affect me”? Will it expand me, will it empower me, will it increase my possibilities, will it align me better with my life goals etc.. If the answer is positive, your decision making is obvious. But if majority of answers are negative, hold your decision, no matter how it looks safe at that moment.

3.     Understand the long term impact-It means evaluate the long term impact of your decision, for short-term it might not be beneficial.

4.      Zoom out- take a third party objective - Think of someone you admire- what would they do in this situation? If it was a friend in this exact situation, what would you advise them and why? Zooming out and taking third party objective stance will help you in decision making.

5.      Spend some time getting to know yourself- it means understanding your likes, your dislikes, your passions, what you love what you hate, what you allow what you don’t allow etc.  

Get on your own side and learn all about you. Every small and big things about you. Because it’s when you really know yourself, you’re in a much better position to decide what’s best for you.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment