Saturday, October 31, 2020

Coaching and Uncoaching

 Coaching and ‘Uncoaching’.

I feel and I believe for any coach, the so called successful coaching session is when coach being one with the coachee.
For that matter, in any training session, the success of a trainer is when he could become one with students.
This make my understanding more subtle and clear that coaching success is said to be achieved when I do not remain as a coach but I become a person who try to become part of my coachee’s story.
My mind wrote yet another word “Uncoaching” on the whiteboard of my mind.
‘Uncoaching’…a bit unusual word.
Uncoaching is about not existing being a coach but still be present, being part of the story of your client.
Let me draw a parallel. For me ‘Uncoaching’ is something like be a photographer. As a photographer, you remain present, you exist, you observes and you catch perfect moments – a heart touching moment.
Similarly the coach can be a perfect observer, he can experience each moment of client’s story and catches the perfect moment of a story.
This moment is full of understanding. The coach is the coach and at the same time the coachee. As he leads he led.

No comments:

Post a Comment